gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Building GCL functinoality into another C program.

From: Rob Randall
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Building GCL functinoality into another C program.
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:13:45 +0100

I would like to be able to include some LISP code into a C-based program.
When required the C program would just call up LISP routines to calculate some result.
Can anyone help me with how to do this?

I have tried to do this by creating my own main routine which does most of the operations the standard main does, but then tries to directly call a C function defined via a DEFCFUN which in turn calls a LISP function.

I have been able to compile and link this but when the DEFCFUN-defined function gets called I get the error:

Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged].

Also I do no understand how the init function generated when compiling with :system-p t is supposed to be used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob Randall

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger