gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] defpackage non-compliant?

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] defpackage non-compliant?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:19:57 +1000

Hi Sam.

| OTOH, if you want CLOCC/PORT to support GCL, you will need to place a
| GCL/ansi at my disposal, either by providing me with a binary, or by
| making sure that it builds in my environment (which, I bet, it not that
| exotic :-)
| (you can also just send me a patch, that would do too!)

Not too exotic, but MSYS really does provide me with a more efficient way of
supporting GCL on Windows when mixed with the arcane GCL build system.

I can provide you with a Windows installer for the release version of GCL
built as an ANSI compiler.  This comes with the gotcha that I had to use a
work-around to build it as the standard build sustem crashes during the PCL
build phase.  In fact, it is almost completely untested and, as you are
probably aware is a work in progress in the sense that the ANSI build of GCL
is far from complete.

Have you a location to which you would like me to FTP the installer?

| Again, thanks for your help.

No worries.

| > | anyway, I don't think I will have much time to tinker with this.
| > A shame.
|
| is this "shame on you" or "what a pity"?

This means, "That's a shame, we welcome all contributors here and my secret
hope of finding someone interested in sharing the load on Windows GCL
development has again been dashed.".  It's a bit like the movie "The Santa
Clause".

Please note that I don't deliberately use ambiguous negative semantics and I
can assure you that the GCL mailing list is a refreshingly civil
communication space so that in the event of ambiguity, you can safely choose
to interpret messages in a friendly light.  I apologise if there was any
negative interpretation to be placed on my words.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.