gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] defpackage non-compliant?

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] defpackage non-compliant?
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 07:20:54 -0500

Mike Thomas wrote:

| 2. GCL does not support the ANSI EVAL-WHEN situations
|    :COMPILE-TOPLEVEL, :LOAD-TOPLEVEL, :EXECUTE.
|    it should not be hard to make them synonymous with the obsolete
|    situations LOAD, COMPILE and EVAL (which is incorrect, strictly
|    speaking, but should be a good start).

I guess Paul/Camm will likewise be aware of this in the ANSIfication context
and one of us will move on it when able.

Right now I'm more concerned about a problem that's preventing the
ansi-tests from running at all, having to do with arguments to
defgeneric.  I tried modifying defgeneric to be closer to
how it works in CMUCL and SBCL, but I must be missing something
since it didn't compile properly.

BTW, I was using (eval-when (load eval compile) ...) in many places
in ansi-tests to get it to work with gcl.  If we get that working
(more or less) I can convert all those to non-deprecated forms.

        Paul