gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL working on MacOS X

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL working on MacOS X
Date: 08 Jul 2003 19:00:56 -0400

Greetings!  Great!  We'd love to see your patches.

If you can use the elf powerpc target in libbfd (i.e. your binaries
are in elf format and your cpu is ppc), then you should be able to
copy the bfd setup from h/powerpc-linux.{h,defs}.  bfd linking is
currently supported on i386, s390, ppc, arm, m68k, and sparc.

The idea is that object code can be loaded into the lisp image, the
image can be saved via save-system, and the compiled objects will be
found again on image re-execution.  On the other platforms currently
supported by gcl, mips(el), hppa, alpha, and ia64, one must use the
external ld linker outside of gcl to achieve the same result.

Hope this helps,

Take care,