gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: possible lisp reader enhancement/modification

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: possible lisp reader enhancement/modification
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:29:10 -0500

Camm Maguire wrote:
Hi Matt!  OK, Take four.  I can't imagine it would be a problem to
skip over whitespace in the case of our extension (package designator
before a left paren), so that's what I've included below.  As for
skipping in the case of whitespace between a package designator and a
symbol, I'll refer this to Paul for comment.

Skipping whitespace after the : (or ::) should also be an allowable
syntax extension, as I read chapter 2.

Do you plan to implement FOO:(A B C) as well as FOO::(A B C)?
In ACL the two appear to be equivalent, even if A (or B, or C)
is not external in package FOO.

        Paul