gcl-devel

MinGW32 XDR - was [Gcl-devel] 2.5.4

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: MinGW32 XDR - was [Gcl-devel] 2.5.4
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:37:10 +1000

Hi Bill/Earnie.

| Where does the Windows version look for the XDR/rpc libraries
| and/or header files?

The RPC libraries that come with the binary GCL distribution sit in
"<GCL-DIRECTORY>/mingw/lib", the headers in
"<GCL-DIRECTORY>/mingw/include/rpc".

If you are installing them into your normal MinGW32 compiler directory, then
"<MINGW-DIRECTORY>/lib" and "<MINGW-DIRECTORY>/include/rpc"

| Do you have a recommended MinGW/msys
| configuration?

As above.

| Since you are most active on the MinGW forum as well, are you
| planning (or have you already) contacted Earnie Boyd about
| the ONC rpc libraries? (see messages below).

Looking through the emails below I see one from Earnie to yourself giving
instructions on what to do, the public version of which I must have missed -
hence the delay.

I've put it up and will email Earnie separately that private location.

| BTW, with your help I did manage also to build a Windows
| version of GCL 2.5.2 with XDR support for Axiom testing using
| the ONC library. Thanks. But I have not tested it much yet.

Best of luck!  I can't support that library due to lack of time and relevant
knowledge I'm sorry.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.