gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] list bug

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] list bug
Date: 20 Jul 2003 13:03:25 -0400

Greetings!

Have you considered something like:

(first (multiple-value-list (round (log 1000 10))))

3

?

Is this relevant to the 'duplicate member in set' bug we were
discussing earlier?  I'm referring to that reported by Juergen in:

The last command in coercels.input converts the result
to a set. With gcl, the result contains duplicate
elements. Problem does not occur with cmu cl.

Juergen Weiss

Juergen Weiss     | Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
address@hidden| 55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX:
+49(6131)39-26407

I still don't see where this is, but I'm still running a new build on
a fresh checkout to look for it.  To my understanding, this bug and
the hasCategory bug are the only two which appear to vary with the
underlying lisp.  And as you suspect a 'set' function in the latter as
well, they may be the same issue.  Just as a data point, I tried
test your hypothesis in interpsys before attempting to compile xpoly.
The compile still fails.

BTW, please excuse my earlier hasty exuberance.  I knew something here
was recursive, and I knew axiom had to extend the stacks anyway to
some large value, so I just assumed the sequence would terminate if
there was enough room, and reported the source of the stack limitation
in my earlier email.  It does now appear to be an infinite loop.  And
while I need to verify, the infinite loop appears to lie completely
within recursively called knownInfo, being passed some erroneously
repetitive input.

I still would greatly appreciate the correct output from my earlier
posted modified knownInfo on a working system.  Also, this has
obviously worked with some gcl in the past.  Any details on the last
known working gcl setup?

Take care,