gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL stack siza

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL stack siza
Date: 20 Jul 2003 13:28:46 -0400

Hi Vadim!  First, do you feel this is related to my earlier request
for suggestions on our gbc setup?  Or is this a separate concern?

In any case, here is stacks.h with my comments:

#ifndef MAXPAGE  /* total memory */
#define MAXPAGE (32 * 1024)
#endif
#ifndef VSSIZE  /* value stack size, configurable, default below */
#define VSSIZE 8192
#endif

#define VSGETA 128 /* emergency extra stack space available to a
                        running program */
EXTER object value_stack[VSSIZE + (STACK_OVER +1) *VSGETA];

#define BDSSIZE         1024  /* variable dynamic binding stack
                                globals can have different bindings in
                                nested functions */
#define BDSGETA         40
EXTER struct bds_bd bind_stack[BDSSIZE + (STACK_OVER +1)* BDSGETA];

/*  #define     IHSSIZE         1024 */
/*  #define     IHSGETA         32 */
#define IHSSIZE         4096 /* a stack listing the name and base
                                address of parent function calls */
#define IHSGETA         64
EXTER struct invocation_history ihs_stack[IHSSIZE + (STACK_OVER +1) * IHSGETA];

#define FRSSIZE         1024 /* a stack providing debugging
                                information for  function calls in
                                interpreted and possibly compiled
                                code, i.e. addresses for interactively
                                long jumping back to a particular parent call,
etc. */
#define FRSGETA         16
EXTER struct frame frame_stack[FRSSIZE + (STACK_OVER +1) * FRSGETA];

Suggestions for default values, and/or which should be configurable,
are welcome.  My feeling is that frs and ihs should be the same size.

Take care,