gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: GCL compliance and Bill Schelter

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: GCL compliance and Bill Schelter
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:28:45 +1000

Hi Mike.

Unfortunately I didn't made my point clearly enough and you have got the
wrong end of the stick.

| > From a practical point of view, I would hate to look a gift
| horse (free BSD
| > Axiom)in the mouth when the gift came from such an appalling
| example (IBM,
| > at the very least from the Thomas J Watson years apparently) of the
| > subjugation of moral responsibility to commercial and 20th century right
| > wing political imperatives.
| The "gift", as you call it, came from NAG, not IBM.  Perhaps you would
| like to retract this statement or clarify in what way we are "an
| appalling example of the subjugation of moral responsibility to
| commercial and 20th century right wing political imperatives".

I didn't make myself sufficiently clear, I was referring to IBM, not NAG.

If you would like to look further into why I said this about IBM in the
Thomas J Watson years, I suggest you read:

Black, Edwin, "IBM and the Holocaust - The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi
Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation", 2001, Little, Brown and
Company, London.

I'm sorry for not being sufficiently clear on that and for not being
sufficiently clear on my real (but unfortunately implied) point, which was:

  - I felt that it was better not to try and link the licencing terms of
Axiom with the licencing terms of GCL through the GPL.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.