gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] hascategory bug

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] hascategory bug
Date: 26 Jul 2003 10:37:08 -0400

Greetings!  No problem -- I really want GCL to be of service to axiom.

I was just thinking a bit about this.  lengthenvec appears to be only
used in this one place, so the true->false patch is fine.  But if it
were to be used elsewhere in the code with similar assumptions, it
might be better to rename it to lengthen-uniquely or some such, and
have it check if the adjusted array was copied, and return a copy-seq
if not, leaving the true flag alone.  Would eliminate a possible extra
copy too.  You doubtlessly know best.

Could someone please let me know if this also removes the 'duplicate
set' issue Juergen reported in coercls.input or some such, which I
have not yet seen here?  And, in general, whether or not all bugs
varying with the underlying lisp have been resolved?  If the answer to
this is true, would the best thing for me to work on be the GCL lisp
interface to the openmath lib?

Take care,