gcl-devel

Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: serveral bugs in codebase

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: serveral bugs in codebase
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:35:53 -0400

Camm,

At present the CVS tree does not build all of the algebra. Until
your latest patch it couldn't. There are still about 25% of the
domains to compile which is why PF and FAXF don't exist.

The binary version was hand-built. It differs from the CVS version
primarily in the algebra. If you build Axiom from CVS you need to
download the binary version, copy the CVS interpsys over into the
binary /spad/mnt/linux/bin directory and execute it from there.
Be sure to reset your $AXIOM variable to /spad/mnt/linux first.

I'm working to update the algebra build makefile. The algebra forms
a lattice (with cycles) and I'm working out that lattice. It used
to be the case that you needed a working axiom to build axiom. In
the near future you'll be able to build it from scratch. Until that
time you need a "working" axiom (i.e. the binary version).

Tim
address@hidden
address@hidden