gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Maxima GCL buld trouble

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Maxima GCL buld trouble
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 23:22:55 +0300

Is this the released 5.9.0, or a maxima cvs image?  In any case, the
problem is that one or more maxima modules have not been compiled with
the ':system-p t'  flag.  Here is what I have in the (Debian package,
5.9.0 release) lisp-utils/defsystem.lisp:

(defun compile-file-operation (component force)
                          :output-file
                          output-file
                          #+gcl :system-p #+gcl t
                          #+CMU :error-file
                          #+CMU (and *cmu-errors-to-file*
                                     (component-full-pathname component

You can also set compiler::*default-system-p* to t at the beginning if
you want.

Please let me know if problems remain, as we need this mode to ship
maxima on 5 platforms.

Take care,

I don't konow is this GCL or Maxima problem.
Probably latter.

gcl-alt-link build is broken in Maxima cvs.
This happened in May when defsystem was upgraded.
Initially this upgrade broke even traditional gcl build
which was rapidly fixed - but not so for alternative method.
If I add missing to current Maxima CVS defsystem
          #+gcl :system-p #+gcl t
situation improves a bit. With this fix Maxima
builds with --enable-gcl-alt-link but doesn't want
to run.  It is not clear to me yet what piece is
missing now.

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov

      <address@hidden>