gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL v2.5.3 build fails on cygwin

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL v2.5.3 build fails on cygwin
Date: 05 Aug 2003 17:52:32 -0400

Greetings!  Good to hear of someone working on this!  Mike and I have
been sporadically working on the MinGW port, but I feel GCL should
work with cygwin too.  The cross comparison capabilities, together
with what I think is cygwin's closer relationship to unix, ought to
make debugging easier in both environments.

In short, there is an easy fix here -- find out if you have the times
or ftime system call. If the former, undef the
USE_INTERNAL_REAL_TIME_FOR_RUNTIME macro in your gnuwin95.h file.  If
the latter, add whatever define your compiler uses to identify itself
to the #ifdef __MINGW32__  on line 89 of unixtime.c.  And please keep
us posted.

BTW, do you know of a cygwin system with permanent remote net/ssh
access which might be used for a cygwin port/debugging?

Take care,