gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Using GCL for games development

From: Erik Andersson
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Using GCL for games development
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:40:06 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Mike Thomas wrote:

> The only way I have found so far (on Windows) is to include the FFI calls in
> a new file during the raw_gcl build; that is, to build GCL from scratch
> including your new source file.
>
> This is that way that the XDR and JAPI function libraries are built in and
> if memory serves, that is also how the OpenGL and parGCL libraries work too.
>
> For example, when japi is configured into the system, there is a line in the
> "makedefs" file (again, on Windows) like this:
>
>   LIBS= -lm -lmingwex -ljapi -lws2_32 -loncrpc
>
> and the object file is brought into the make system in the same file like
> this:
>
>   EXTRA_LOBJS= japi.o

Thanks! I modified the OpenGL makefile as well as the makedefs and managed
to create a SDL window.

Since the SDL uses both globals and threads I wonder if it is anything
special I should do to avoid problems with GCL. I noticed that you had to
be careful when accessing globals from guile at least, and threads often
cause trouble.

 /Erik Andersson