gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: function addresses and ld.so

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: function addresses and ld.so
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:32:22 -0700

  Camm> I take it you feel that this indicates a problem needing a fix
  Camm> with ldso on ia64.

I'm not sure.  I'm no ABI expert and I didn't think the ABI makes any
guarantee that descriptors addresses are "stable" in the sense
required by GCL.  If it's easy to fix, perhaps it should be done.
Also, it might be interesting to look into what HP-UX/ia64 is behaving
in this regard (free-access systems are available at
testdrive.hp.com).

  Camm> Is there a workaround in GCL until such time as this fix is in
  Camm> place, short of static linking?

Not that I know of.

        --david