gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Compiling Maxima 5.9.0 on Mac OS X

From: Aurélien Chanudet
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Compiling Maxima 5.9.0 on Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:29:30 +0200 (CEST)

> 3) Could you please try building maxima 5.9.0
> with the --enable-gcl-alt-link configure option,
> and report your results?

I've tried building maxima 5.9.0 with gcl 2.5.4, using
the flags --enable-gcl and --enable-gcl-alt-link.
Compiling stops when trying to compile maxima's
csimp.lisp, with the compiler reporting an error about
being unable to create the file csimp.h. The error
appears towards the second call to "with-open-file" in
function "compiler-pass2" from GCL's cmpmain.lsp. I
don't know why this is happening, given that I was
able to compile this file on its own by calling GCL's
"compile-file". Any idea ?

Thanks,
Aurelien