gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] shared library version dependencies

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] shared library version dependencies
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 19:59:53 +0300

Camm Maguire writes:

Hi Vadim!  These maps are really strange.  I've never seen a machine
map the shared libs before the executable.  In any case, this does not
narrow down the possibilities for the mismap.

At the point of your previous backtrace in gdb, could you please post
the result of 'dissasemble'?  Can you stop at the same place in the
working version, and disassemble that too?  'bt' will show you
addresses for each frame -- you can break at a given specific address
with 'b *0x40000.....'.

Take care,

"Vadim V. Zhytnikov" <address@hidden> writes:

Sorry, but I have a question. Disassassembe at what point
would you like to see?  At segfault point in fileno_unlocked (libc) or
readline.d (gcl)?  If first then I don't know it's address
on build host where everything goes without segfaults.
If second then disassemble seems to be the same on both platforms.

Best wishes,

Vadim

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov