gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] 2.6.1

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.1
Date: 03 Sep 2003 23:04:34 -0400

Greetings, all!  You may have noticed the recent CVS activity.  Just a
quick summary here:

1) ftp.gnu.org is *still* down, so I'm proceeding with a Debian
   package release to see where we are.

2) Stable is now numbered 2.6.x, and unstable 2.7.x.  The debian
   package can build simultaneously installable gclcvs and gcl
   packages to help with our development once this gets settled.

3) axiom builds with 2.6.1 installed separately.  I have a prototype
   Debian package to release to unstable for testing shortly.

4) Sizes increased, but a bit more work needs to be done here I think.

5) quite a few other changes, check the debian/changelog.

take care,

gcl (2.6.1-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream release
  * Type-punning warning fixes
  * small_fixnum overflow fixes
  * off by one fix in cerror
  * Fix compiler error which had not recognized defpackage as a package
    operation
  * Fix tkl.lisp call to open-named-socket
  * Make values-list and nreconc signal errors when they should on
    dotted lists.
  * Avoid use of windows.h types as macros.
  * New config.{sub,guess}
  * Windows installer updates from CVS HEAD
  * fix potential longjmp clobber in read.d;add some windows files to
    main makefile clean target;
  * Darwin revealed fixes to usig.c and unixtime.c
  * Fix gbc time calculation in case of recursive gbc calls
  * Run patch_sharp in LSharp_exclamation_reader to handle new case of
    defpackage ops at head of fasl vector, required for maxima build
  * Special symbol Dotnil has ordinary list Cnil for plist and hpack
  * Small fixes for profiling support
  * Restore pp() function for debugging; print out undefined symbol
    names
  * Small patch for fix xgcl demo (thanks  Michael Koehne)
  * Better bfd symbol table strategy
  * Fix bfd table symbol counting for combined_table profiling
  * amd64 linux support
  * O6 -> O3
  * static linking on ia64 to work around current mechanism for runtime
    generated function descriptors
  * enable-static configure option
  * Fix debian/gcl-doc.docs for latest texinfo file splitting policy,
    Closes: #206017
  * Fix typo in o/sfasli.c
  * Rework debian package structure to handle stable and cvs packages
    simultaneously
  * Add gazonk*.lsp to clean target
  * syntax fix to lsp/gprof.hc
  * Add support for SGC contblock pages
  * Fixes to debian/rules
  * Remove unused definitions of Vcs
  * Increase default maxpages and stack sizes
  * Maintain a persisten *system-directory* binding
  * Push installed /h directory onto -I flags on cc command line
  * Escape old in-package behavior with #ifdef ANSI_COMMON_LISP
  * define HAVE_XDR in linux.h
  * reduce resolution of contblock mark_table in gbc.c to match new
    minimum granularity introduced via CPTR_ALIGN
  * Remove exit function in main.c

 -- Camm Maguire <address@hidden>  Thu,  4 Sep 2003 02:20:52 +0000