gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Debian .deb file

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Debian .deb file
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 10:35:09 -0400

Camm,

Axiom has a bunch of patches to GCL (documented in Makefile.pamphlet).
Are any of these addressed in 2.6.1?
Does the GCL CVS contain 2.6.1? I can download it and try a new build.

I'll bite. What does compiler::link do? What does :system-p mean?
Does this change the packages of the loaded files (which will create
havoc)?

The .deb package should ONLY contain mnt, NOT obj. The interpsys
image gets copied into mnt/linux/bin/axiom. This step is not yet
performed by the makefile but will be shortly. The whole design
of the Axiom src/int/obj/mnt partition is to ensure that only mnt
gets shipped. int and obj are pure caches and should never see the
light of day. Their only purpose is to minimize rebuild times.

Funny you should ask about documentation. I'm in the process of
rewriting the Axiom textbook. There is work to be done but I'll
release an alpha version as soon as I can.

I have a copy of Debian but have not yet installed it.
Let me know what needs to be fixed.

Good job on the debian package.

Tim