gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.1

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.1
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 23:10:02 +0300

Camm Maguire writes:
Greetings, all!  You may have noticed the recent CVS activity.  Just a
quick summary here:

1) ftp.gnu.org is *still* down, so I'm proceeding with a Debian
   package release to see where we are.

2) Stable is now numbered 2.6.x, and unstable 2.7.x.  The debian
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   package can build simultaneously installable gclcvs and gcl
packages to help with our development once this gets settled.
3) axiom builds with 2.6.1 installed separately.  I have a prototype
   Debian package to release to unstable for testing shortly.

4) Sizes increased, but a bit more work needs to be done here I think.

5) quite a few other changes, check the debian/changelog.

take care,

gcl (2.6.1-1) unstable; urgency=low
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm confused (see above).

Could you clarify a bit the status of various CVS branches.

Now we have

1) CVS HEAD - 2.7.X - future develompment

2) CVS Version_2_6_1 - is this beta to forhcoming release.
What the release number will be 2.6.2 ?

3) CVS Version_2_5_4 - what about this?

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov