gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: sockets

From: root
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: sockets
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 06:28:49 -0400

Juergen,

> 2. Actually I think I had a version of scratchpad
> on akcl a long time ago, where the additional objectfiles were
> dynamically loaded into the lisp system. I am not sure, but
> I think it was possible to save a lisp image which
> contained the loaded object files. Using such a technique
> would allow us to use a stock gcl distribution.

This is exactly what the makefile does. Axiom needs sockets to
communicate with the hypertex and graphics subsystems. The socket
code is compiled and added to the underlying lisp. However I noticed
that GCL appears to have socket code which was clearly added after
AKCL.

Tim
address@hidden
address@hidden