gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: NetBSD/sparc port?

From: Dan Debertin
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: NetBSD/sparc port?
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:18:53 -0500

Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:

> #define ELFW(a) Mjoin(ELF,Mjoin(__ELF_NATIVE_CLASS,Mjoin(_,a)))
>
> is supposed to exapand to ELF32a or ELF64a.  You can just define a
> constant for the machine your using as a first start.

Great, thanks. With that (and myriad other small fixes), I'm able to
build raw_gcl and get it loading other packages. It appears to be
unable to save itself, though:

Finished loading ./../gcl-tk/tk-package.lsp
Warning: COMPILE-FILE is being redefined.
Warning: COMPILE is being redefined.
Warning: DISASSEMBLE is being redefined.
Finished loading ./../cmpnew/cmpmain.lsp
Finished loading ./../cmpnew/lfun_list.lsp
Finished loading ./../cmpnew/cmpopt.lsp
Finished loading ./../lsp/auto_new.lsp
Warning: LISP-IMPLEMENTATION-VERSION is being redefined.

#<"USER" package>

>invalid magic number in ./raw_gcl
rm raw_gcl
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/software/gcl.i386/unixport'

This leaves me with an empty saved_gcl. AFAICT the magic number error
is at (system:save-system).

Any idea what might be causing this?

> How do we get GCL taken up by the BSD distros?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you're referring to getting GCL
into the ports collections of the various BSDs, I'm willing to look
into that. FreeBSD already has it, but no-one's maintaining the port
at the moment.

Dan
--
/^Dan Debertin$/         |