gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] FreeBSD port (Was: Re: NetBSD/sparc port?)

From: Mark Murray
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] FreeBSD port (Was: Re: NetBSD/sparc port?)
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:52:42 +0100

Camm Maguire writes:
> Greetings, and thanks for your interest in BSD GCL!

No problem! Maybe one say I'll actually be a lisp programmer!
Right now, I'm a FreeBSD hacker, mathematics student and crytographic
engineer.

> I have a user whose submitted patches to get a good GCL build on
> FreeBSD, with which he can compile AXIOM (much harder than compiling
> maxima).  I haven't yet had time to incorporate them, but hope to
> soon.  I've enclosed the patch below, and cc'ed him in this note.

Excellent! I'm doing a bit of cleaning up on them to try to make them
more applicable to more FreeBSD architectures (they are 32-bit specific,
and I want to get them to work on 64-bit platforms also). This wasn't
hard, I just need to test the result.

> I have some thoughts on maintaining this, but I have to leave
> momentarily.  We need to move toward consolidating the .h files, I'd
> prefer around linux.h, and little by little handling
> exceptions/overrides in configure.  Anyway, the build is close, so
> don't lose heart.  More later.

Excellent!

Mark Murray
iumop ap!sdn w,I idlaH