gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] RE: Better tmpfile code for gzipped streams

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] RE: Better tmpfile code for gzipped streams
Date: 19 Sep 2003 12:17:09 -0400

Greetings, and thank you both for your feedback on this!  I believe
that the current status is that the zcat pipe open will only be
attempted if a .gz file is found in the *info-paths*, as is customary
on unix boxes.  Therefore Windows users can feel free to ignore it as
long as uncompressed versions are installed.  Installing the .gz info
file should surely imply the availability of zcat, I'd think.  So
while we might improve this in the future, it looks like other items
are more pressing at the moment.  If I'm wrong please let me know.

Take care,