gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Recent changes

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Recent changes
Date: 24 Sep 2003 14:36:24 -0400

Greetings!  This is just a heads up letting everyone know that I've
changed the build process a bit.  The lsp and cmpnew files are now
compiled from .lsp source by a new interpreted saved_pre_gcl image.
This enables these files to be compiled with full optimization and
still get the structure-ref constants right on 64bit systems.  Prior
to this, these files were needlessly compiled with limited
optimization options.

Also, in CVS head, I've separated the source we're taking from cmucl
and any other non-originally-wfs files into a separate mod/ directory.

I'm going to try to get in the BSD and OS X patches next, and then
try to stop work on 2.6.1. At that point I think we can only let in
things people need to get the build to work on their system and
any important newly-discovered bugs.  Once everyone can build the tree
happily, and maxima/acl2/axiom, I'll freeze the CVS tag and put out a
final 2.6.1 tarball.

Take care,