gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Another failing build on EFUPXS: GCL 2.6.1 issue??

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Another failing build on EFUPXS: GCL 2.6.1 issue??
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:04:47 +0200

Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:

> ppc relocs are 24bit by default, unless you compile with the
> -mlong-calls (or some such), first supported on ppc in gcc-3.3.
[...]
> Without it, loads on big images will lose.  Ran into this with the

Ouch! So if I read you correclty, you mean I can't compile Axiom on my
Debian stable/gcc 2.95.4 powerpc machine?

A possible workaround: could I compile Axiom, statically linked, on a
powerpc machine with gcc-3.3 and then execute it on my powerpc debian
stable?

Another possible workaround: would it work with gcl-2.5.2 on my debian
stable (gcc 2.95.4)?

While I'm asking questions on gcl, do I need to recompile everything
from scratch if I switch gcl version used to compile Axiom (from
gcl-2.5.2 -> gcl-2.6.1)?

Yours,
d.
--