gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL 2.6.1 for windows (MSYS)

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL 2.6.1 for windows (MSYS)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:53:59 +1000

Hi Bill/Camm.

| Thanks. Have a good trip!

Thanks.

I got in here this afternoon and tried to fix the *system-directory* problem
on a deep level without success and I'm now definitely out of time until the
end of the week at least so

  HACK ALERT HACK ALERT.

I set things up so that the initialisation file "init_gcl.lsp" sets the
value of *system-directory* directly on startup as follows:

(setq si::*system-directory* (namestring(truename (make-pathname :name nil
:type nil :defaults (si::argv 0)))))

NOTE - THIS IS ONLY IN THE UPLOADED BINARY - NOT IN CVS.

If you need this to work on your Axiom build you may have to shove this line
somewhere in your initialisation script if such exists or in your CVS build
if you are doing this.

The only test it has been given is a clean install which actually runs GCL
itself to generate scripts and the following (it passed - Win XP PIV)is:

>(defun t (a bn) (+ a bn))

>(compile 't)

Compiling gazonk1.lsp.
End of Pass 1.
End of Pass 2.
OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=0 (No runtime error checking), Space=0, Speed=3
Finished compiling gazonk1.lsp.
start address -T 1020e628 Finished loading gazonk1.o
#<compiled-function T>

>(t 1 2)

3

I'm very sorry about the lack of testing as I would love to see you guys get
ahead with Axiom on Windows but I am unable to make any more time for this
for now.  I hope it works for you!!!

Camm - If I've got the auto download file name wrong again please forgive me
as I am really moving along at the moment - feel free to change it and put
it on your site by hand.

The new file is date stamped as:

    gcl_2.6.1.mingw32_japi_xdr_20031026.zip

in the usual location.

I'm heading for the beach at Coolangatta tomorrow for a week then I'll
(probably) be back for a short time before disappearing again!

Cheers

Mike Thomas.