gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Latest Debian package (-11)

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Latest Debian package (-11)
Date: 10 Nov 2003 10:05:28 -0500

Greetings!  There seems to be a problem compiling axiom on arm:

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=axiom&ver=0.0.0cvs-11&arch=arm&stamp=1068398045&file=log&as=raw

This build has been of particular interest to axiom upstream, as it
opens the possibility of running axiom on a pda (zaurus, right?)

I had a build going on debussy to investigate, but the machine
apparently went down over the weekend.  Furthermore, the unstable
chroot there appeared a bit out of date. gcc was at ~3.2 AFAICR, and
there were two compilation errors showing up on my by-hand build which
do not appear in the autobuilder logs with the more up to date
toolchain.

I can obviously wait until debussy comes back up and install the
newest compiler locally in my home directory.  Its just that this
build takes days to complete, so I'd like to use a stable machine with
the latest toolchain to avoid wasting time.  rameau and europa are
reserved for buildd only, right?  Don't have an account on elara, so
don't know about this.

In sum, I'm looking for

1) build machine advice from those in the know
2) comments on the nature of the build failure in the above log.  I
   can't tell if the process just died with no error output (which
   I've never seen before), was too slow for the timeout threshhold,
   or was in an infinite loop.  I don't suppose the output of the
   buildd up to the point of failure is stored anywhere?  That would
   be ideal.

Take care,