gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] 1024 file limit (was: Re: [Axiom-developer] Latest Debia

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] 1024 file limit (was: Re: [Axiom-developer] Latest Debian package (-11))
Date: 10 Nov 2003 10:10:22 -0500

Greetings!

One does at minimum need root priveleges for this, and I thought also
access to /proc/sys to set a kernel parameter, though I'm not sure on
this latter point.  In any case, there is no clean way to make such an
exception for axiom in the autobuilders, so it seems wiser to address
this at the GCL or axiom level.

Take care,