gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] clocc defsystem and gcl

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] clocc defsystem and gcl
Date: 10 Nov 2003 21:46:20 -0500

Greetings, and thanks so much for doing this!  In brief, at least 1, 3
and 4 are items which will eventually be supported in the ansi build.
I thought 2 was correct, but maybe not.  In any case, I think it would
be nice not to have to require the ansi build for maxima because of
these few items.  Perhaps the right reader macro would be something
like (and :gcl (not :ansi)).  Alternatively, perhaps these items are
simple and non-invasive enough that we can just add them to the
traditional image and be done with it.  Comments?

The :system-p flag is currently only required for the alt-link option.
In actuality, only the first of three items toggled by this flag are
required, uniquely named init functions, reference to an external
header cmpinclude.h, and human readable (i.e. non-bytecode) .data
files.  At some point we might just adopt the first across the
board, but for now you can avoid patching defsystem if you set the
variable compiler::*default-system-p* to t somewhere in advance.

Take care,