gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom under cygwin

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom under cygwin
Date: 14 Nov 2003 11:20:06 -0500

Greetings!

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

> Alexei,
>
> I think the problem with noweb is quite easy to fix, but
> the difficult problem will be GCL which does not build
> under Cygwin. The GCL project is currently looking for
> someone willing to take on the task of creating a GCL
> build for Cygwin.
>
> GCL builds under MSYS but then there are some remaining
> problems with a few Unix-style add-ins routines for GCL
> which do not compile.
>
> In both cases the obstruction to a Windows build of AXIOM
> are (relatively) small.

Thanks for clarifying, Bill!  While MSYS will always be our primary
Windows port, as it is judged a superior Windows development
environment in several respects by our gcl developer in the know, we
would of course appreciate in addition someone undertaking a cygwin
effort, simply because as far as I can tell it appears to be quite
popular with users.  If anyone knows of an interested party, please
keep me informed.

Take care,