gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Mac OS X binary release

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Mac OS X binary release
Date: 14 Nov 2003 11:33:43 -0500

Greetings!

Aurelien Chanudet <address@hidden> writes:

> > Great!  What are you configure flags?  Do they need
> > to be defaults in configure?
>
> The image was built using the following flags:
>
> --enable-debug (optional)
> --disable-statsysbfd
> --enable-custreloc
> --enable-machine=powerpc-macosx
>
> As I'm still working on the BFD Mach-O backend, I
> deemed it safer not to rely on BFD yet. Also, I
> preferred linking against a static version of the
> readline library, because the dynamic version is not
> guaranteed to exist on a regular Mac OS X box.

Great!  Don't know if you saw the link I posted some time ago
describing the alternate relocation pathways through the bfd library.
Very enlightening.  Apparently there is a 'new' preferred route which
sidesteps bfd_get_relocated_section_contents and does something like a
..._final_link, as shown in elflink.h if I recall.  This is likely why
the newer Linux platforms don't have a working
bfd_get_relocated_section_contents.   At some point it would be
fruitful to try making a sfaslbfd_new.c following elflink.h instead,
though the code is a bit more complex than what we have now.  We may
find that the low level relocation information is already in the
library both for macosx and these linux platforms (hppa ia64 alpha
mips(el)).  As you and I are perhaps the only two people who've looked
at this part of GCL, if this ever gets done its likely going to be one
of us :-).

> > I'm getting this file now, but the problem with this
> > is I need a directory listing somewhere to see
> > when a new file has been put up. Right now the
> > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/rlbk/ url is giving me an
> > error in French.
>
> And what does the error message say ?

Here is the redirection page:

        <head>
                <title>Wanadoo</title>
charset=iso-8859-1">
        </head>
        <frameset ROWS="80,*" FRAMEBORDER="NO" FRAMESPACING="0" BORDER="0">
                <frame NAME="w_wg"
SRC="/walledgarden/bin/walledgarden.cgi?u=http%3A//services.wanadoo.fr/Pages_Perso/C/Erreur/err_403.html"
 MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" FRAMEBORDER="NO" noresize>
                <frame NAME="w_contenu" SRC="" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
        </frameset>

        <noframes>
        </noframes>