gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Memory menagement problem on Windows

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Memory menagement problem on Windows
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 15:33:51 +0300

Hi!

As far as I recall there were some reports
about GCL problems on Windows.  Probably
with memory allocation and/or garbage collection.
Indeed, playing with memory allocation
I observe some strange things with latest
gcl 2.6.1 mingw build.  It is very easy
to crash GCL -  just enter
  (si::set-hole-size 65000)
  (gbc t)
With smaller hole size (but but larger than default)
I also see sudden crashes during computation.
Unfortunately I don't see the error message
GCL is terminated with.
Is this "Unrecoverable error: GBC is not enabled."
or something else?
In any case it seems that problems require
some special attention.

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov

      <address@hidden>