gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] address@hidden: Re: value stack overflow]

From: Matt Kaufmann
Subject: [Gcl-devel] address@hidden: Re: value stack overflow]
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:46:30 -0600

Oops:  below, "(brr nil)" should be "(brr t)"; thanks to Eric Smith for
pointing this out.  Sorry --

-- Matt
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:55:18 -0600
From: "Matt Kaufmann" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden, address@hidden
cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
Subject: Re: value stack overflow
Sender: address@hidden

Bill --

Camm Maguire's reply will help you if you want to debug in raw Lisp (GCL).
(Thanks, Camm!)  Alternatively, you could try first executing (in the ACL2
loop):

  (brr nil)

Then, after the stack overflow:

  :q ; quit out of the break
  :q ; exit the ACL2 loop
  (cw-gstack *deep-gstack* state)

With luck, this will show you looping rewrite rules.

See also the documentation topic CW-GSTACK.