gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL on mingw - patches

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL on mingw - patches
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:35:47 +1000

Hi Vadim.

Thanks very much for helping with the Windows port - I count myself lucky
(and very relieved)!

| I'm posting a couple of patches intended to fix
| GCL problems on mingw.  Some of them should be
| eventually committed to to CVS (well, maybe
| with some modification) others are optional.
| In any case with these patches I was able to
| build ANSI GCL, latest CVS Maxima and
| successfully test both programs.

Thanks for these.

| gcl-pwd.patch - fixes GCL's ./configure failure
| due to strange mingw #include "..." behavior.
| I don't see that is wrong with it for other
| platforms.

This was fixed in CVS (both head and stable) a few months ago.

| gcl-heap-size.patch - removes hard coded 256Mb
| heap size limit on mingw.  It works.  I checked
| at least with default 128K maxpege against cons
| allocation tests and some heavy tests with Maxima.

| gcl-makefile.patch - fixes make install path
| and version problem.

Both the above patches tested here and checked into HEAD today.

| Finally, two other patches are included for
| convenience:
|
| gcl-pcl.patch is required to build _ANSI_ GCL
| as required by current CVS Maxima.
|
| gcl-gcc.patch is required if gcc version is
| older than 3.3.X.

Thanks.  I've left these to the comments in mingw.defs and
the documentation.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.