gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL on mingw - patches

From: James Amundson
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL on mingw - patches
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:48:36 -0600

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 12:16, Vadim V. Zhytnikov wrote:

> AFAIK we don't need automake for GCL, just
> autoconf if we want to recreate configure
> from configure.in.  But automake is required
> to build CVS Maxima.
>
> Originally I installed mingw and MSYS only
> (in was not aware that msysDTK stands for
> msys Developper Tool Kit).  Later installing
> msysDTK I was pleased to find collection
> of useful tools like perl, ... and
> autoconf/automake scripts in /bin directory.
> By any attempt to run autoconf in GCL dir
> complained about missing Autom4te/General.pm
> perl module.

Vadim,

I don't pretend to understand mingw/msys, but I think your installation
is somehow damaged. I believe I have the same packages installed you
have, but I have a working automake and autoconf. I see this:

% find . -name General.pm
./msys/1.0/share/autoconf/Autom4te/General.pm
./msys/1.0/share/automake-1.7/Automake/General.pm
%

You might just want to re-install.

--Jim