gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 12:09:32 +1000

Hi all.

| Surely you don't need to uncomment these, no?  When we did the
| texi2html -> makeinfo --html, these rules were replaced with
|
| gcl-si/index.html: ${GCL_SI} gcl-si.texi
|       $(HTML_CMD) gcl-si.texi
|
| and the like.  The old _toc targets are never invoked (by all:, at
| least).  Please let me know if I am mistaken.

Woops - apologies - I must have checked in at some stage a modified
mingw.defs with GCL_HTML set to the toc targets after all this had been
sorted out.   Fixed now for HEAD and STABLE.

| > I've checked in a change this morning to the main makefile to
| ensure that a
| > failure to build HTML does not stop the install.  As the copy
| is the last
| > step in install it doesn't matter anyway, but for tidiness it's in.
| >

| Thanks!  Is this in HEAD too?  I'm not getting my gcl-commits email.

It is now.  Likewise no commit mail here. I suppose they haven't sorted it
out yet.

| > | 2) It is good idea to mention in readme.mingw:
| > |

Yes see above for a full confession.  What I should have said, Vadim, was:

 "HTML_CMD=makeinfo --html" in "info/makefile" does the trick on MinGW.

You can also set "HTML_CMD=makeinfo --html --no-split" if you want
monolithic HTML files.  AT the moment I have no-split in the HEAD and the
opposite in STABLE.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.