gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] HEAD Maxima and HEAD trad GCL

From: James Amundson
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] HEAD Maxima and HEAD trad GCL
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:12:02 -0600

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 13:08, Camm Maguire wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> "Vadim V. Zhytnikov" <address@hidden> writes:

> > Yes, but my resolution is not of kind I like.
> > Replace Maxima's defsystem.lisp by older version -
> > beginning of May 2003 or earlier.
> >

> Vadim, could you please have mercy on me and explain what confluence
> of the newer defsystem and windows gcl is causing all this?  I must
> have missed it in your earlier posts.

If there are real problems with the gcl 2.6.2 ansi build on windows and
the only thing that is keeping traditional gcl 2.6.2 on windows from
working with Maxima is defsystem.lisp, then we can *certainly* fix
defsystem.lisp. It is my stated desire to move Maxima to the ansi gcl
build as soon as possible. That does not mean I want to create an
artificial stumbling block over what looks like a very small problem.

The only changes in defsystem.lisp are various portability conditionals.
If the May 2003 version works (I think Vadim means revision 1.9. If not,
he should say so), then the changes required to get the current
defsystem.lisp to work should be trivial.

--Jim