gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] xgcl

From: Gordon Shaw Novak
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] xgcl
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:39:28 -0600

xgcl-2 still works, and I use it regularly.  It also allows connection
between GCL and the web, even for Windoze, via WeirdX (an X server
written in Java that is free, but often fails), VNC, Cygwin, etc.
I have a bunch of demos using xgcl-2 on my web page at
   http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/novak
The X versions of the demos are much more reliable.

I would be happy to work on bringing xgcl-2 up to date, provided
the result will still work for me, of course.  A student hacked the
interface to X, building on some MIT/Athena code, and I wrote the
easy-to-use dwindow functions.  The student, of course, has long
since graduated and left.  I'm in the state of understanding part
of xgcl, but not all of it.

Best regards, Gordon