gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Maxima] Make or defsystem

From: Steve Haflich
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Maxima] Make or defsystem
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 18:29:18 -0800

The question whether make or defsystem is better cannot be abstracted
frmo the context.  I could well believe that make is superior in an
environment where nondevelopers may need to (re)build the application
from scratch.  But I believe defsystem and its cousins are more apt
for developers, where desystem in the running development image can
track what needs to be recompiled and reloaded, greatly reducing
turnaround time during rapid development.