gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] ANSI Windows: in-package failure

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] ANSI Windows: in-package failure
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:12:15 +1000

Hi Dave.

| Hi Mike and Camm
|
| >> Good news again and still some bad but ANSI GCL on Windows is in a
| >> much better state - thanks for the help.
| >>

| > Great!  Converging...
|
| I may have some time to build and test gcl/maxima on windows.  (I have
| been using my "free software time" to write some ordinary differential
| equation code in maxima, but I need a break from Abel equations of the
| first kind).

I'm glad someone is pushing the DE side of Maxima - it's of great practical
importance.  'Twould be nice if we could do FE solutions of PDE systems.

|  Let me know when things are stable enough for a third
| party to confuse things.

Thanks for the offer.  I need to sort out the makefile/linker/library
problems Camm discussed in that separate email but can't say when I can get
onto the issue - hopefully before the coming weekend breaths its last.

In any event I'll let you know as soon as I have a solution.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.