gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: system, load-time-value

From: Dennis Decker Jensen
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: system, load-time-value
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:13:39 +0000

Moin Michael

          did I understand that right - is there any chance to
          get CLC with GCL up and running, before Sarge becomes
          stable ?

Given that pathnames aren't going to cause problems -- then yes,
there is a chance.

However, I suspect that most of the cl-* packages on Debian only
runs smoothly on SBCL and CMUCL, and in CLISP only with tweakings
or a little more trouble (that's my impression from usenet and
blogs, not actual experience). I have no idea how portable the
packages are.  I intend to do a smoke test compiling as many
as possible.

It will be great when users can start submitting patches based on
actual GCL use to the implementors of those packages!  It should
also speed up diagnosing any remainging, potential issues with
GCL (regarding ANSI &c.) much faster than before. That' what
I hope anyway.

Yours

Dennis Decker Jensen