gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: More help

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: More help
Date: 17 Feb 2004 16:42:52 -0500

Greetings!

Eric <address@hidden> writes:

> --- Eric <address@hidden> wrote:
> > It looks like the only difference between what I'm
> > doing and your example is that you're using
> > (disassemble) to compile the form, and I'm using
> > (compile-file) to compile a sequence of forms.
>
> Hi Camm,
>
> It looks like (disassemble) just prints stuff. So, you
> must be using (compile-file) to get an executable as
> well (your example is not clear on this point).

Sorry to be so terse.  Yes the disassemble was for illustration only.
I then ran (compile 'tak) to actually use the code shown by
disassemble and get the compiled timing results.

> So, I'm back to the beginning. I don't think this
> particular version of GCL optimizes function calling.
>
> I'm using gcl-2.4.4. It's the only one I could get to
> install on my machine.

(!)  Why not try

export CVS_RSH=ssh
export CVSROOT=:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcl
cvs -z9 -q co -r Version_2_6_1 -d gcl-2.6.1 gcl
cd gcl-2.6.1
../configure && make

If you need better ansi support, you can check out the development
branch by omitting the -r Version_2_6_1

Take care,