gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] [support #102721] fixed in CVS

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] [support #102721] fixed in CVS
Date: 20 Feb 2004 14:01:41 -0500

Greetings!  Well done, Mike!

There are a few extra issues -- resuming state, editor defaults,
package location export status, nil arguments and related empty temp
files, tmp directory determination, and loading saved function edits,
which appears implied to me by the spec, but this is pretty cool.  I'm
thinking we work on it in 2.7.x, esp. as the spec appears to make it
an optional feature.

For you emacs users, you can try in emacs (server-start), fireup gcl
in shell or dbl mode, (lisp::new-ed "emacsclient"), and the (ed)
command will pop up the item in a separate window of the running emacs
blazingly fast!  Wonder how this compares with SLIME/ilisp, neither of
which I've used much.

Take care,