gcl-devel

Re: 2.6.2 postponed .. (was Re: [Gcl-devel] RE ld from 2.14.90.0.8 puts

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: 2.6.2 postponed .. (was Re: [Gcl-devel] RE ld from 2.14.90.0.8 puts no value into undefined symbols)
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:00:52 +0300

Camm Maguire ?????:
Greetings!

"Vadim V. Zhytnikov" <address@hidden> writes:

In any case it is very good that we steped on this
mine so early.

Indeed.  You are our early warning system!

Your fix works to me!  I was able to rebuld ANSI GCL and
Maxima CVS using this GCL without any trouble.
I'll try Axiom later today.

Great!  Most debian architectures survived the change as well, with
the exception of sparc and mips.  Sparc has symbols with periods in
the names, like .div, which won't compile as C initializers.  mips has
an unknown relocation error.  In general, the fix is not very
robust/portable.  I'm hoping someone can suggest a better way.
(Aurelien?)

Axiom seems to be OK as well!

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov