gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] plt.c and Mach-O ABI

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] plt.c and Mach-O ABI
Date: 02 Mar 2004 19:08:44 -0500

Greetings!

>  > Would you have time to check what if any problems you have with the
>  > latest binutils ld?
>
> So : no problems here since I'm controlling the behaviour.

You are not controlling ld, right?  Nor sfasli, I think, which is
where these undefined symbols are defined for all bfd ports.  Perhaps
I'm missing something, but I think you could have a problem if the
linker changed on you which you could not address through your local
bfd tree.  This latter will only affect how you open the executable as
a bfd -- how would you fill in the symbol values once ld has stripped
them off?

>  > Do you have suggestions for portable ways of achieving this end?
>
> I'll have to think it over but this looks like a real pain...

I'm about to commit a solution based on Peter's -Wl,-Map suggestion.
Please give it a whirl and let meknow if it works for you. (Wait about
1 hr.)

Take care,