gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: Time/work remaining?

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: Time/work remaining?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:18:17 +1000

Hi Camm.

| >   2. I discovered this afternoon that si::info doesn't wait for
| a response
| > from the keyboard anymore when more than one option exists.  It seems
| > related to the problem I reported with Maxima doc the other day, but I
| > haven't chased it up yet.  Does this also happen with Linux?
| >

| I think this is windows specific.  Below is an example on Linux.  Also
| works after (si::readline-off). Is this related to the removal of
| that extra CR?  Is this change working otherwise?  One would think
| something is still providing an extra CR somewhere.  Can you pinpoint?
| How many windows specific i/o code snippets do we have?

I'm pretty bogged down with other stuff at the moment but what I have found
out is that the problem is with (read-line).  It doesn't seem to be related
to recent changes as a version of GCL from January 5 exhibits the same
problem.

I'm having trouble debugging as even if I don't remove read.c in the build
process the debugger uses read.d and gets lost due to the nasty macros eg:

Breakpoint 1, Lread_line () at read.d:2112
2112            if (strm == Cnil)
(gdb) p strm
No symbol "strm" in current context.

(gdb) n
2119                            @(return eof_value)
(gdb) bt
#0  Lread_line () at read.d:2119
#1  0x0041f487 in eval (form=0x650a80) at eval.c:1090

gdb) n
120                    else
gdb) n
122            }
gdb) n
123            i = 0;
gdb) n
124            for (;;) {
gdb) n
126                    if (char_code(c) == '\n') {
gdb) p c
o symbol "c" in current context.
gdb) n
127                            c = Cnil;
gdb) p c
o symbol "c" in current context.
gdb)

Sorry to slow you down on the release but I'm overwhelmed with work at the
moment.

Mike Thomas.