gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: General GCL quesions

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: General GCL quesions
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:09:07 -0500

Jeff Dalton wrote:

Cool.  For quite a while X3J13 was intending to have a validation
suite, but the effort seemed to run out of steam, and I'm not sure
how much was ever available.

What I was told was that the various vendors realized a test suite
is a competitive advantage, and didn't want to reveal their tests.
I suspect the vendor with the best test suite ran it on their competitors'
products and realized they had the best one.

        Paul