gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: delayed pathname.d patch

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: delayed pathname.d patch
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 10:13:58 +1000

Hi Mr Maguire.

| "gcc -c -g -Wall -DVOL=volatile -fsigned-char -fwritable-strings
| -pipe -fno-
| zero-initialized-in-bss -mms-bitfields -g -mcpu=i386 -march=i386
| -Ic:/lang/
| gcl261-ansi-3.3.1.exp/lib/gcl-2.6.1/unixport/../h   -c gazonk3.c -o
| gazonk3.o ")
| gazonk3.c: In function `L1': gazonk3.c:5227: warning: `V1' might be used
| uninitialized in this function
|
| This is precisely the same command line as is passed with a normal Windows
| build (ie with winnt available in *features*) so there must be something
| suppressing warning messages from gcc.  Haven't had time to look further.

Having had a good night's sleep, it is obvious why the compiler warnings are
being printed now - they are not being sent to the Windows equivalent of
/dev/null - I had to modify the Unix code by removing those redirections to
get the code to work on Windows after you removed the "winnt" symbol.

If you want to check for similar warnings on Unix you just have to remove
those  redirections in the compiler string in gcl_cmpmain.lsp.

Cheers

Mike Thomas