gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: ACL2 2.8 Debian packages

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: ACL2 2.8 Debian packages
Date: 01 Jun 2004 22:14:16 -0400

Greetings!

1) The SGC looks very close as you've reported it below.  You just
   need to copy the following into config.h, and perhaps cast the
   argument to memprotect_handler

#ifdef IN_GBC
#undef MPROTECT_ACTION_FLAGS
#define MPROTECT_ACTION_FLAGS SA_RESTART|SA_SIGINFO
#define GET_FAULT_ADDR(sig,code,sv,a) \
 ((siginfo_t *)code)->si_addr
/*  #define GET_FAULT_ADDR(sig,code,sv,a) \ */
/*      ((void *)(*((char ***)(&code)))[44]) */
#endif

2) Had a spare moment and thought I'd try my hand at compiling with
   the mingw32 cross compiler package on debian and running under
   wine.  Problem is that configure builds gclincl.h for my system,
   not for windows.  Could you send me your gclincl.h?

3) If you get a moment and can let me know a) what are the minimum opt
   flags that trigger the ansi universe load bug and b) whether you
   agree that the default should have an 8Mb stack with opt level just
   below this, and (maybe) c) if at some point you could
   confirm/refute that the ignore-errors issue goes away when the
   stack is made large enough to be placed above the text segment,
   that would be great.  In any and all cases, your help is much
   appreciated!

Take care,